Saturday 13 March 2010

Morse Code...THROUGH ART

Portrait of Samual Morse in Morse Code
This piece by artist Ken Knowlton creates an image of a person through the sole use and placement of morse code letters. I find this piece really clever and thought provoking as it makes me think about what can be illustrated using code.



Morse Code Forever
This piece by artist Ward Cunningham, shows a very perspective point of view, with rings of continuous morse code letters. I find this piece quite repetitive and almost like the Troika exhibit at decode where code is repetitive around a circumference and only forms words, in this case, when worked out. I think the use of morse code within my designs would work quite well if it was to contain hidden messages within the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment